Introduction to London’s rooftop bar scene
London is a city known for its vibrant nightlife and stunning skyline. And what better way to experience both than by visiting one of its many rooftop bars? From panoramic views to delicious cocktails, these elevated establishments offer a unique and stylish way to enjoy the city. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, rooftop bars in London are a must-visit. In this article, we will explore the top 10 rooftop bars in London, so you can elevate your experience and take in the breathtaking views of the city.
Benefits of visiting rooftop bars in London
Visiting rooftop bars in London comes with a myriad of benefits. Firstly, you get to enjoy unparalleled views of the city’s skyline. Whether it’s the iconic London Eye, the historic Tower Bridge, or the majestic St. Paul’s Cathedral, these rooftop bars provide a vantage point like no other. It’s a chance to see the city from a different perspective and appreciate its beauty in a whole new way.
Secondly, rooftop bars in London offer a sense of exclusivity and sophistication. Many of these establishments have stylish decor, comfortable seating, and attentive service. It’s an opportunity to indulge in a luxurious experience, sipping on expertly crafted cocktails while soaking in the atmosphere. Whether you’re looking for a romantic date spot or a place to unwind after a long day, rooftop bars in London have you covered.
Lastly, rooftop bars in London often host special events and themed nights. From live music performances to DJ sets, these establishments offer a vibrant social scene. It’s a chance to meet new people, enjoy entertainment, and create lasting memories. With a variety of options available, there’s always something happening on London’s rooftop bar scene.
Top 10 rooftop bars in London
- Sky Garden – Located in the heart of London, Sky Garden is an iconic rooftop bar with stunning panoramic views. With its lush greenery and glass walls, it offers a unique oasis in the urban jungle. Enjoy a cocktail while taking in the sights of the city.
- Radio Rooftop Bar – Situated on the 10th floor of the ME London hotel, Radio Rooftop Bar offers breathtaking views of the River Thames and the London skyline. Sip on a delicious cocktail while enjoying the vibrant atmosphere.
- Queen of Hoxton – Known for its rooftop wigwam and immersive-themed events, Queen of Hoxton is a trendy and vibrant rooftop bar in East London. From live music to film screenings, there’s always something exciting happening here.
- Pergola Paddington – Located in a former car park, Pergola Paddington is a unique rooftop bar with a relaxed atmosphere. With its fairy lights and communal seating, it’s the perfect place to unwind with friends.
- Sushisamba – Situated on the 38th and 39th floors of the Heron Tower, Sushisamba offers a fusion of Japanese, Brazilian, and Peruvian cuisine. Enjoy stunning views of the city while indulging in delicious food and cocktails.
- Madison – Located on the rooftop of One New Change, Madison offers panoramic views of St. Paul’s Cathedral and the London skyline. With its stylish interior and extensive cocktail menu, it’s a popular spot for after-work drinks.
- Boundary Rooftop – Situated in trendy Shoreditch, Boundary Rooftop offers panoramic views of the city and a stylish outdoor terrace. Enjoy a range of cocktails and Mediterranean-inspired dishes in this chic setting.
- The Culpeper – Combining a rooftop bar with a rooftop greenhouse, The Culpeper offers a unique experience. Enjoy a drink surrounded by greenery and take in the views of the city.
- Netil360 – Located in Hackney, Netil360 is a hidden gem with panoramic views of East London. With its relaxed atmosphere and a rooftop garden, it’s a great place to unwind and enjoy a drink.
- Aviary – Situated on the 10th floor of the Montcalm Royal London House Hotel, Aviary offers stunning views of the city skyline. With its stylish decor and a menu featuring modern British cuisine, it’s a rooftop bar worth visiting.
Hotels with rooftop bars in London
In addition to standalone rooftop bars, many hotels in London also offer rooftop bar experiences. These establishments combine the convenience of accommodation with the luxury of enjoying a drink with a view. Here are some hotels with rooftop bars in London:
- The Ned – Located in the City of London, The Ned is a luxurious hotel with several rooftop bars. From the stunning rooftop pool to the rooftop terrace, it offers a range of options for guests to enjoy.
- Shangri-La Hotel at The Shard – Situated on the 52nd floor of The Shard, this hotel offers breathtaking views of the city. The Gong Bar, located on the 52nd floor, is a rooftop bar with an extensive cocktail menu and panoramic views.
- Mondrian London at Sea Containers – With its rooftop Rumpus Room bar, Mondrian London offers stunning views of the River Thames and the London skyline. Enjoy a drink in this stylish and sophisticated setting.
Cheap and budget-friendly rooftop bars in London
Rooftop bars in London don’t have to break the bank. There are several cheap and budget-friendly options for those looking to enjoy a drink with a view without splurging. Here are some affordable rooftop bars in London:
- Frank’s Cafe – Located in Peckham, Frank’s Cafe is a rooftop bar known for its stunning views and affordable prices. It offers a relaxed atmosphere and a range of drinks at pocket-friendly prices.
- Queen Elizabeth Roof Garden Bar and Cafe – Situated on the Southbank Centre, this rooftop bar offers panoramic views of the city. With its affordable drinks and relaxed setting, it’s a great budget-friendly option.
- The Rooftop at Trafalgar St. James – Located in the heart of London, this rooftop bar offers stunning views of Trafalgar Square and the city skyline. It’s a budget-friendly option with affordable drinks and a lively atmosphere.
Kid-friendly rooftop bars in London
If you’re looking for a rooftop bar experience that the whole family can enjoy, there are several kid-friendly options in London. These rooftop bars offer a relaxed atmosphere and activities for children. Here are some kid-friendly rooftop bars in London:
- Roof East – Located in Stratford, Roof East is a rooftop bar with a range of activities for both adults and children. From mini-golf to lawn bowls, it offers entertainment for the whole family.
- Skylight Rooftop – Situated in Tobacco Dock, Skylight Rooftop is a family-friendly rooftop bar with activities such as croquet, pétanque, and table tennis. It offers stunning views of the city and a relaxed atmosphere.
- The Culpeper – With its rooftop greenhouse and relaxed setting, The Culpeper is a great option for families. Children can enjoy the greenery while adults indulge in a drink.
Cool and trendy rooftop bars in London
London is known for its trendy and hip rooftop bars. These establishments offer a stylish and vibrant atmosphere, making them popular among the city’s trendsetters. Here are some cool and trendy rooftop bars in London:
- Dalston Roof Park – Located in Dalston, this rooftop bar offers stunning views of the city and a trendy atmosphere. With its live music events and film screenings, it’s a hotspot for the cool crowd.
- Savage Garden – Situated on the 12th floor of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Savage Garden is a rooftop bar with a stylish and edgy vibe. Enjoy panoramic views of the city while sipping on creative cocktails.
- Ace Hotel Rooftop Bar – With its hipster ambiance and panoramic views of Shoreditch, the Ace Hotel Rooftop Bar is a trendy spot for the city’s creative crowd. Enjoy a drink in this stylish setting.
Rooftop cocktail bars in London
For cocktail enthusiasts, rooftop bars in London offer a wide range of options. From classic concoctions to innovative creations, these establishments boast impressive cocktail menus. Here are some rooftop cocktail bars in London:
- The Rooftop St. James – Located near Trafalgar Square, this rooftop bar offers a range of classic and contemporary cocktails. Enjoy a drink while taking in the views of the city.
- The Roof Deck – Situated on the 3rd floor of Selfridges, The Roof Deck offers a variety of cocktails made with seasonal ingredients. It’s a stylish and sophisticated spot to enjoy a drink.
- Sisu – With its Nordic-inspired decor and a menu featuring Scandinavian cocktails, Sisu is a rooftop bar with a unique twist. Enjoy a drink in this stylish and trendy setting.
Rooftop bars for hire in London
If you’re looking to host a private event or celebrate a special occasion, there are several rooftop bars in London available for hire. These venues offer stunning views and exclusive access for your event. Here are some rooftop bars for hire in London:
- Coq d’Argent – Located in the heart of the City of London, Coq d’Argent is a rooftop bar and restaurant available for private hire. With its panoramic views and elegant setting, it’s perfect for weddings, corporate events, and more.
- Sushisamba – With its stunning views and stylish decor, Sushisamba offers private hire options for events. Whether it’s a birthday party or a product launch, this rooftop bar provides an unforgettable setting.
- The Roof Gardens – Situated in Kensington, The Roof Gardens is a rooftop bar and event space available for hire. With its beautiful gardens and stunning views, it’s a unique venue for weddings, parties, and other special occasions.
Winter rooftop bars in London
Even during the colder months, London’s rooftop bars continue to offer a unique and enjoyable experience. Many establishments transform their spaces into cozy winter wonderlands, complete with heaters, blankets, and festive decor. Here are some winter rooftop bars in London:
- The Winter Forest at Broadgate Circle – Located in the heart of the City of London, The Winter Forest is a rooftop bar with a festive atmosphere. Enjoy mulled wine, cozy seating, and winter-themed decorations.
- Pergola Paddington – With its covered and heated space, Pergola Paddington is a great option for winter rooftop bar experiences. Enjoy a drink in this cozy setting while taking in the views of the city.
- Queen of Hoxton – Known for its themed winter rooftop experiences, Queen of Hoxton transforms its rooftop bar into a magical winter wonderland. From festive cocktails to snow-covered decor, it’s a great spot to embrace the winter season.
Rooftop bars with restaurants in London
If you’re looking for a rooftop bar that also offers delicious food options, there are several establishments in London that combine both. These rooftop bars provide a culinary experience alongside stunning views. Here are some rooftop bars with restaurants in London:
- Madison – Located on the rooftop of One New Change, Madison offers panoramic views of the city and a menu featuring modern European cuisine. Enjoy a meal while taking in the breathtaking sights.
- Sushisamba – In addition to its rooftop bar, Sushisamba offers a fusion of Japanese, Brazilian, and Peruvian cuisine. Indulge in their signature dishes while enjoying the stunning views of the city.
- Aviary – Situated on the 10th floor of the Montcalm Royal London House hotel, Aviary offers a rooftop bar with a menu featuring modern British cuisine. Enjoy a meal in this stylish setting with panoramic views.
London’s rooftop bar scene offers a unique and stylish way to experience the city’s skyline. Whether you’re looking for panoramic views, delicious cocktails, or a vibrant social scene, rooftop bars in London have something for everyone. From the trendy and cool to the family-friendly and budget-friendly, there are options to suit every taste and preference.
So, the next time you’re in London, be sure to elevate your experience and visit one of the top 10 rooftop bars in the city. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, these establishments offer a memorable and breathtaking way to enjoy the city’s skyline. Cheers to experiencing London’s skyline in style!